Thursday, March 11, 2010

A Slice of Life by Luke Johnston

Refreshing Sunday


The warm air fills my room as I slowly awake from my deep sleep after a long and fun Saturday. I walk out of my warm room and I find my-self staring into a naturally bright light coming in from the large, open windows on the top floor of my house. The sunlight fills the room making me squint. I realize what a beautiful day it is outside and notice that there is not a cloud in the sky outside. I feel like I have awoken in Florida, even though it was only 55 degrees outside, it felt warm to me. There is a nice breeze coming in from the open windows and I smell a sweet smell of the eggs being cooked in the kitchen and the smell of flowers from the outside world. I hope that it is the start of spring, because I could get used to it.

I walk down stairs and eagerly await the fresh made eggs with bacon that are being brought toward me to eat. I slowly consume the delicious eggs mixed with bits of bacon that remind me of the eggs from Friendly’s. All is perfect as I eat my eggs and soak in the warmth of the sun; I want this moment to last forever. I rub the sleep out of my eyes and I feel refreshed in my warm environment. A breeze of salt air comes in from the window and I run to the window to catch a glance of the sea just across the street. The sea is a sight to behold. The sunlight reflects off of the beautifully blue colored sea. The waves calmly wash onto the shore and the sound is soothing to my ear. The birds are chirping there own songs of rejoice for the warm and beautiful day. They sing and soak in the sun just as I do. I am at peace and also rejoice for such a beautiful day. This warm weather is refreshing after a harsh winter of bitterness and cold. Thanks to the Lord for the warm refreshing Sunday!


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing, Luke. I can't believe this is what you get to wake up to- wow! Your description of this morning spot is beautiful. You use your five senses to really let your reader see and hear what surrounds you. Nicely done! If you choose to revise this, it might be interesting to see who else is sharing this moment with you, maybe add some dialogue or some action. What do you do next with this morning?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awsome Luke. Keep it up!

    -Kevin V.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luke,
    I thought that this was beautiful. I believe you have a wonderful act of writing and think that this could become something great. Keep it up.

    - Kevin V.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This a very great story. I liked the descriptive language that you used because it made the story more interesting to read.

    ReplyDelete