Sunday, March 21, 2010

A Slice of Fiction by Thomas Largey

He does it again


“Breaking news! Breaking news! The president has been shot. The killer is unknown at this time.”

The FBI agent flicked off the TV. He turned to the other agent in the room.

“We have to figure out the killer. Do you have any idea of who it might be, Watson?”

“All we know is that he managed to get into the white house and by secret security untouched. Only a master criminal could have been able to do that. No one has even come close to doing that. This man is definitely dangerous. People have suspected that it is John Doe. No one knows his real identity. But somehow he has managed to slip by everyone.”

The agent began to search the supposed killer, the infamous John Doe. There was almost no information on him anywhere. The only thing he found was that he was blamed for over 150 murders. He knew that this was going to be his toughest assignment ever.


The man known as John Doe sat in an interrogation room, waiting. Finally, someone walked in. He walked over and sat across the table from John Doe.

“Who are you?” the man asked. John Doe remained silent. The man tried again.

“What is your name?” Again John Doe was quiet. The man began to get mad. Finally, John Doe spoke.

“Do you really want to know?” he asked. At this the man became furious.

John Doe was still very calm.“Fine, I will tell you who I am. My name is…” that was all the man remembered.


Somehow, he was knocked unconscious. He woke up to a very different scene. Tables were flipped over, people were screaming, police were running frantically all over the place, windows were broken, and John Doe was nowhere to be found. He had escaped again. Authorities were now packing in the room, trying to look for any evidence as to where he went. Nothing was found, until someone picked up 3 little pieces of paper on the ground. The first one said “St. Louis, 5410.” The second one said “Detroit, 72310.” The third piece of paper read “NYC, 13111.” These notes baffled everyone.

“These must have dropped from his pockets when he was making his escape.”

“Or else he left these here on purpose. Either way, I think it is a clue.”

And so the search began again for John Doe.


3 comments:

  1. Tom,
    I thougt that the story was very creative. I enjoy reading FBI mysteries and thought that this was great. I hope you can contiue to write more on this story.

    - Kevin V.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tom,
    Dude that was inspiring! I love John Doe mysteries, my favorite crimes on NCIS? John Doe crimes! Keep up the great and artistic writing and work. Your doing Great! :)

    _MIXAE/\ MI/_\/_\/\ET_O_N

    ReplyDelete
  3. That story was extremely creative. I like how yourintro really gets the reader's attention. Good job.

    ReplyDelete